Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cross Browser styling

The project I am currently working on is about to go live. It's an ASP.NET MVC web project for the healthcare industry. We have been working on it for about a year now, and all this time we have been developing exclusively in Chrome.

Now that we are going live, we have to make sure that things are functional and looking alright in IE and Firefox. I ended up being the lucky one in charge of the exciting task!!!!

Here is how I did it:
I convinced the whole world to just FREAKING USE CHROME... M'KAY??

Alas, few users are still resisting, being the nice guy that I am, I decided to make the website temporarily work in IE and Firefox, until I come up with a new strategy to switch the rest of the world to Chrome.

I am gonna add posts to describe some of the issues that I ran into and how I solved them or why I just gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment